[Eagle-i-admins] Getting Sparqler errors, and "LocalNode" exceptions in API

John Locke mail at freelock.com
Fri Jun 12 17:13:09 EDT 2015

Hi,

I've been assisting FredHutch with some updates to their eagle-i node,
and am hitting two issues:

1. Sparqler. As best I can tell, we did not have Sparqler
configured/working previously. We updated the eagle-i node to 3.0.4 last
fall, and now going from there to 3.5.0, and I read all the notes about
needing to configure Sparqler. I followed all the steps here:
https://open.med.harvard.edu/wiki/display/eaglei/Public+SPARQL+Endpoint
... all succeeded except for the final step, #11, which failed with this
error, followed by the same HTML error page visible at
https://eagle-i.fhcrc.org/sparqler/query/ .

 > FAILED to create metadata for user, HTTP status=500

2. We're trying to use the API to post content into eagle-i from Drupal,
but we're getting a similar HTTP 500 error:

> Jun 01, 2015 4:24:56 PM com.sun.jersey.spi.container.ContainerResponse
> mapMappableContainerException
> SEVERE: The RuntimeException could not be mapped to a response,
> re-throwing to the HTTP container
> org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No
> bean named 'localNode' is defined
> at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeanDefinition(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:509)
> at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getMergedLocalBeanDefinition(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1041)
> at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:273)
> at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:193)
> at
> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBean(AbstractApplicationContext.java:1048)
> at
> org.eaglei.datatools.services.EIExternalResourceService.(EIExternalResourceService.java:90)
> at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
> at
> at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
<snip> (can provide full stack trace if useful).

We were getting this in 3.0.4 too...

I've also attached the body of a sample HTTP POST we're sending, that's
generating this error.

What is the 'localNode' in this error? I'm wondering if I overlooked
some critical configuration step somewhere along the upgrade?

Cheers,
John Locke
http://www.freelock.com