[Eagle-i-admins] Issues with using search terms

Robertson, Jim jrobertson3 at hmc.psu.edu
Mon Feb 2 10:17:46 EST 2015

Admins,
  Has anyone experienced either of the following issues using search functionality and, if so, found a resolution:

1)      System-supplied search term suggestions do not find any matches (makes me wonder why they are included - would expect this set to only contain terms which have a non-null result).  Example: carum carvi.

2)      Multi-term system-supplied suggestions are treated with 'OR' between terms (I understand that is the default when entering the terms in the search box, but would have expected system-generated terms to be treated as an AND-ed string).  Example: typing 'heather' brings up 'heather flower', clicking on this brings up several pages of results with either 'heather' or 'flower';  typing "heather flower" in the search box with quotes brings up 0 results.

Thanks,
Jim Robertson
Penn State Hershey