[Eagle-i-admins] Eagle-i Download

Cherry, Michael Michael_Cherry at hms.harvard.edu
Tue Jul 29 16:06:46 EDT 2014

> On 7/23/14 12:21 PM, "Yulish, Tim" <Tim.Yulish at osumc.edu> wrote:
> ... I am gathering requirements now ... see that Harvard uses a virtual
> machine with Cent OS. Do you have a base virtual machine with Cent OS
> on it that we could test out? ... I wanted to ask just in case you have
> a template VM that I could download and throw up for a quick pilot.

Hello Tim,

(I'm replying to this publicly in case anyone else has the same question)

We do not have any template VMs.  At one point we were considering making a VMWare image with eagle-i pre-installed available as part of each release, but we discovered that many insititutions' IT departments are reluctant to allow foreign VMs to be spun up in their virtualization farms.  As such, we concluded that the potential audience wasn't big enough to be worth the effort.  If we hear of more demand for this, we might consider making one available in the future.

I don't know if this would help you, but what we DO have is a public AMI available at Amazon Web Services (AWS).  It's a little bit out of date (it was created a year ago and I believe is CentOS 6.3), but if this would be useful to you, its AMI name is "eaglei-install-1.0.2-20130814" (available in all 3 US regions of AWS).

I hope this is in some way helpful.  If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to post them to this list.

regards,
- Michael Cherry
Sr. Release Operations Engineer
Harrvard Catalyst | Center for Biomedical Informatics
Harvard Medical School