[Eagle-i-admins] Coming soon ... eagle-i 3.0 (patch 1)

Cheng, Sophia Sophia_Cheng at hms.harvard.edu
Fri Jul 11 18:35:37 EDT 2014

Dear eagle-i sys admins,

As some of you may already know, we have a new release of our software.  We are in the process of vetting a patch for the release, which will be available on Monday, July 14.  We would like to ask that you wait for the patch to be released before upgrading.  More information regarding release notes, configuration changes, etc. will be forthcoming over the weekend.

In the meantime, as a teaser, the eagle-i ontology is now ISF compliant.

One point of confusion that has come up is that we have recently changed our version-ing convention.  In the past, we were using the format:
[Major version] MS [Minor Version].[Patch/Release candidate] (e.g. 2.0 MS 3.07)

We have now moved to a more conventional approach of:
[Major version].[Minor version].[Patch/release candidate] (e.g. 3.0.6)

We, unfortunately, picked a time where our last minor version is the same number as our new major version.

Stay tuned for more information. And as always, thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
Sophia

----
Sophia K. Cheng
Technical Lead
Harvard Catalyst | eagle-i
email:  sophia_cheng at hms.harvard.edu
skype: sophia.k.cheng

Harvard Medical School
Harvard Catalyst | The Harvard Clinical and Translational Science Center
Landmark Center, Suite 504 West
401 Park Drive
Boston, MA 02215