[Eagle-i-admins] Failed to load ontology question

Cheng, Sophia Sophia_Cheng at hms.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 26 16:58:37 EST 2013

Dear Todd,

I am copying our sys-admin mailing list in this response so that others might benefit from your question or might have run into a similar scenario.  The initial question is:

~~~
I'm having trouble setting up the Eagle-i application.  I can get the repository app installed; add users but when I click on "Show Data Model Ontology Model"  via the admin page, I get:
More Detail
loaded availableJar availableModel
"1.8.3.1 15260 2013-07-02 14:38:44" "1.8.3.1" "(failed or not in ontology)"
It's stating that its loaded and the version of the jar file but it failed.  The installation never gave an error.  It's a Centos 6.4 OS, VM running Tomcat 7.0.47 and Jdk1.7.0_45.
I'm almost certain this is the reason that I can't login via Sweet.  It comes back to tell me that the repository isn't available.
~~~

To address your question, I need some more information:
-> Which applications are you running? SWEET? Institution Search? Repository?
+--> If you are running also Institution Search, does that come up? If yes, what is the information in the footer?
-> Are there any errors reported in the logs? The logs for the repository live separately than tomcat/logs.  You can find the logs for the repository in the same directory as your repository home directory, i.e. ../eaglei/repo/logs

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Sophia

--