[Eagle-i-admins] configuring institutional search

Cheng, Sophia Sophia_Cheng at hms.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 11 13:29:49 EST 2013

Hi Faith,

Disregard everything I said earlier, I misunderstood what the problem was.

There is a way to configure the upper right search bar on your landing page to point to your institution search.  There is one caveat though, at this time, there is a minor bug where autosuggest will not work if you point that search bar an institution search.  You will be able to search though.

If you'd like to proceed without the autosuggest:

1) Find your repository configuration file
+--> ${REPO_HOME}/configuration.properties
2) Add the following property and set it to your institution (as in the example here):
+--> eaglei.repository.centralSearch.url=https://eagle-i.itmat.upenn.edu/institution

You'll need to restart tomcat to pick up these changes, but that should do the trick.  Let me know if that doesn't work.

Sincerely,
Sophia