[Eagle-i-admins] Need assistance getting eagle-i running properly

Russel Ingram Russel.Ingram at systemsbiology.org
Wed May 2 16:49:06 EDT 2012

The facilities group at my institution has decided they'd like to use
eagle-i to track recourses here at ISB and I've been tasked with getting it
installed and working for them. I've been able to follow the instructions
here:
https://open.med.harvard.edu/display/eaglei/Repository+Installation+and+Administrator+Guideand
here:
https://open.med.harvard.edu/display/eaglei/Application+Installation+Guideto
get the system installed, but getting it configured so that everything
works together like it's supposed to doesn't seem to be very well
documented. I think I figured out that you have to configure Apache to
proxy requests for http:// and https:// to http://:8080 and
https://8443respectively and that seems to make logins to the search
application work,
but whenever we click on one of the resources listed after logging into the
search app, it kicks us back to the login screen and we have to go back to
the base URL in order for our logins to work again. Is there anyone that
can help me figure out what I don't have configured right?

Thanks,
Russ
---
Russel Ingram