The eagle-i applications require additional system users for several automated processes.
- Global user. This is an automated agent responsible for keeping the cached copy of commonly used resources up to date with the Commonly Used Resources' repository. This agent caches only the minimal information needed for the SWEET application.
- Anonymous user. This agent is responsible for retrieving published information for using the profiles integration and for the resource listings on the institution (node) home page.
1. Create the additional system users
This step assumes that the repository has been correctly installed, customized and currently running. Using the repository admin interface, create the following users:
- Global user.
- Anonymous user.
- Role: Do not select any roles
2. Add the additional system users to the corresponding properties file
In the SSH terminal:
- Stop tomcat (Customize eagle-i repository -> Stop the running tomcat instance)
- Go to the eagle-i configuration directory
- Open the eagle-i-apps-credentials.properties file in the text editor of your choice.
- Add the credentials for the two system user that were just created:
- Global user
- Anonymous user
- Save your changes.
- Start tomcat (Customize eagle-i repository -> Start tomcat)
[root@ip-172-31-54-208 sparqler]# cd /opt/eaglei/conf/
[root@ip-172-31-54-208 conf]# vim eagle-i-apps-credentials.properties
##### eagle-i-apps-credentials.properties file ####
# GLOBAL SERVICE
# Catalyst service