[Shrine-users] First i2b2 Wizard SHRINE package ready ...

McMurry, Andrew J. Andrew_McMurry at hms.harvard.edu
Fri Jun 17 13:01:28 EDT 2011

Spoke to soon -- the address below is for VM download.

On Jun 17, 2011, at 1:00 PM, McMurry, Andrew J. wrote:

Where is this VM available for download?

On Jun 17, 2011, at 12:58 PM, Mate, Sebastian wrote:

Hi all,

I have just „finished“ to compile the i2b2-Wizard-based SHRINE installer package.

It allows you to install SHRINE on an Ubuntu 10.04 machine from scratch. Compared to the Boston standard VM, this is much more flexible. For example, you can define your own passwords, use external Oracle servers, create new i2b2 projects and much more.

Anyway – this is HIGHLY experimental and I’m not sure if it actually works. In a VirtualBox VM it seems to work, but not on our physical server. I hope that we can fix this certainly small problem before our Boston meeting.

So I’m seeking you help – especially from my colleagues in France and Switzerland: if you haven’t installed your SHRINE machine yet, it would be great if you try out my installer. I have uploaded everything that is required and a finished (working?) VirtualBox VM to a webserver:

http://131.188.230.243/SHRINE/ (Please note that the file upload is still running, don’t download the .filepart-files)

Thanks,
Sebastian