[Eagle-i-admins] configuring institutional search

Cheng, Sophia Sophia_Cheng at hms.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 9 11:28:43 EST 2013

Hi Faith,

Institutional search should only be searching the institution's resources.  If you are seeing all the resources, then I would check the following:

1) Do you have the institution search installed? Latest is: http://infra.search.eagle-i.net:8081/nexus/content/repositories/releases/org/eagle-i/eagle-i-webapp-institution/2.0-MS2.15/eagle-i-webapp-institution-2.0-MS2.15.war

2) Check the following properties in eagle-i-apps.properties file:
eaglei.search.is.central=fasle

3) If the above property is not set, that is fine. It defaults to false.

4) Is your institution search installed in the same tomcat as your sweet & repository? If not, institution search requires the whoami.xml file to be properly configured.

Let us know if the above doesn't work.

Sincerely,
Sophia

--